Tried everything to remove stubborn Web.fun-prize.com popup but it doesnt go away? Looking for step by step method to get rid of Web.fun-prize.com popup permanently? Are you keep getting security alerts telling you that your PC is infected with Web.fun-prize.com popup? Is your PC responding really very slow and working sluggishly because of Web.fun-prize.com popup in it?
About Web.fun-prize.com popup!
Web.fun-prize.com popup a risky browser-hijacker virus which is distributed to muddle up with PC and cause terrible disaster once it penetrates into it effectively. Apart from the look traits that it does, it also spies the browsing tendency of the windows system users and gathers their classified materials to send them to group of hackers or so, who mistreat that information for their own benefit. It has an effect on almost all web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, amends homepage in conjunction with the default search engine. That’s why you constantly obtain undependable search results supplemented with plentiful ads and sponsored links. All of your windows system resources will be negotiated and critical features or abilities of the computer system will be disabled.
It is distributed so cleverly that it could simply discover the slipups in your computer system. Once they are discovered, it paves path for the other frustrating infection or threats to get into the computer system and mistreat it ruthlessly. You will notice that the performance of your windows system will degrade a lot and its swiftness too is slowing down. When you seek to connect your windows system through internet via any network, that too will hoist issues because of constrained ease of use. None of the computer utilities like Registry Editor, Task Manager or others will be active and you won’t be able to access any of them. no need to say how fatal this browser-hijacker is for your computer. If it resides any longer in your computer then it will only aggravate the condition further and will not do any good to it. So, it is highly suggested that you should seek to remove Web.fun-prize.com popup from your system as quick as possible.
How to know if I have Web.fun-prize.com popup on my PC?
There are two definite ways by which you can easily find out if Web.fun-prize.com popup or any similar malware has attacked your computer system.
The first way is to track down the presence of malware in your PC using your own judgment. If you notice that your web browser is behaving strangely then you can be sure that you are under attack. In this regard you will notice some symptoms like
- Browser’s home page will change on its own.
- You wont be able to alter your browsing settings.
- You will start getting lots of pop-ups and advertisements like never before.
- You will see some toolbar on your browser that you have not installed.
- You may get strange search results with lots of sponsored links.
- Browser will start crashing quite often than ever.
If you have noticed any of these issues or symptoms on your PC or browser, then your PC is definitely under the attack of Web.fun-prize.com popup or similar.
The second way is quite simple, and that is to use Spyware detection tool and scan your PC for any potential computer threat or infection. Just run the program and let it search your computer for the same. Optionally it can also remove them if it finds any of such. So, just free download the spyware scanner from below and give it a shot.
What Web.fun-prize.com popup can do?
The objective of this malware is very simple and straight forward i.e. to divert you to the site they promote when you browse anything and make money from it. And in order to accomplish this task the makers of these malicious programs do lot of things among which some are mentioned below
- It hijacks the web connection of your browser to fulfill their own purposes.
- No matter how many times you change your browsers homepage, it will change it to its preferred one.
- It will display sponsored ads in the form of pop-ups and when your click them intentionally or accidentally, they place cookies in your PC to track and record your browsing behavior.
- Your Google search will be hijacked and sent to another search engine and you will get results from their only.
- It installs spyware programs automatically in your PC that run in background and collect data about your personal information, websites you visit, software you use or games you play and send it back to its creators to sell them for their own benefit.
Now, when you know what this malware can do to your system, it is advised that you either take proper precaution from beginning or try to remove it as soon as you can.
How to Remove Web.fun-prize.com popup from PC Completely?
As this dangerous Trojan has the ability to disable virus protection tools and can also block Firewall without users consent, so detecting and removing this Trojan using normal anti-virus program is simply not possible. Performing this removal task manually is even harder as detecting and removing all the traces of this virus is simply not possible. So, the best option is to use the specialized program which is especially designed and programmed to detected and remove Trojans like Web.fun-prize.com popup along with all its traces by scanning the entire PC. So, it is advised to download the program provided below and run a full scan to remove all the files and traces of this virus completely from the system.
Manual removal methods of Web.fun-prize.com popup tends to be little less reliable & effective, but still those methods are explained below :
Step 1 – Start your Windows system and keep pressing ‘F8′ button on your keyboard until Windows Advanced Option menu shows up. Then select the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt‘ option from the list and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2 – Delete Web.fun-prize.com popup files from PC:
- Click Windows Start menu & then click “Search.”
- A pop up will ask, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders”
- Type a badware file name in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives”
- Click “Search” and wait till all badware files are found.
- Once you get them simply delete them.
Step 3 – Stop the related processes
- Click the Start menu, select Run.
- Type taskmgr.exe into the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- Click Processes tab, and find badware processes.
- Once you’ve found the badware processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill badware.
Step 4 – Remove registry keys
- Click the Start menu, and click “Run.” An “Open” field will appear. Type “regedit” and click “OK ” to open up your Registry Editor. In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.
- Registry Editor opens as a two-paned window: the left side lets you select registry keys,the right side shows the values of any selected registry key.
- To find a badware registry key, select “Edit,” then select “Find,” and in the search bar type any of badware ‘s registry keys.
- When the badware registry key appears, to delete the badware registry key, right-click it, and select “Modify,” then select “Delete.”
Step 5 – Delete related DLL files
- Open the Start menu, and click “Run” Type “cmd” in Run, and click “OK.” (In Windows 7, just type “regedit” into the “Search programs and files” box in the Start menu.)
- To change your current directory, type “cd” in the command box, press “Space,” and enter the full directory where the badware DLL is located. If you’re not sure where the badware DLL is located, enter “dir” in the command box to display a directory’s contents. To go one directory back, type “cd ..” in the command box and press “Enter.”
- When you’ve found a badware DLL, type “regsvr32 /u AnyDLLName.dll” (e.g., “regsvr32 /u jl27script.dll”) and press “Enter.”
Latest posts by Jacob Martin (see all)
- Working Guide to Remove DeaolsFiinnderPirro! - December 18, 2014
- Best Ways to Get Rid of Uoqzz.download.girlsmen.xyz! - December 18, 2014
- Remove Tech-agent-direct.com popup from PC [Removal Guide]! - December 18, 2014
- Complete Guide to Get Rid of www.guardbar.in! - December 18, 2014
- Complete Guide to Get Rid of Ain.couptwo.com popup! - December 18, 2014